10.30am – 12.00pm
Noah’s Ark Children’s Centre,
BABES is for breastfeeding mothers and offers support and information in a friendly, relaxed and informal atmosphere. Pregnant women who would like to find out more about breast feeding are also welcome. We would also love to see dads too or feel free to bring along a granny or friend for moral support.
The group is run by peer supporters, local women who have breastfed their own children and been on a training course, and facilitated by an experienced breastfeeding counsellor.
BABES can offer:
- Support and information
- A selection of hot and cold drinks, homemade cake and biscuits
- A chance to share experiences with other mothers
- Access to an experienced breastfeeding counsellor
- Plenty of toys for babies and toddlers
- A library of books, leaflets and DVDS to borrow and for reference
- Free bra fitting service
- “Bravado” nursing bras for sale