Saturday 22 February 2020 at Uckington & Elmstone Hardwicke Village Hall
Doors open at 1.15pm, talk starts at 2pm and we aim to finish at 3.15pm.
Lyndsey Hookway is a Lactation Consultant with a special interest in sleep. This talk is sure to be of interest to parents and those who support breastfeeding.
Lyndsey says “without readily accessible, evidence-based, gentle and effective sleep support, some struggling families turn to sleep training which often leaves breastfeeding abandoned in the quest for more sleep. Yet, understanding sleep in a meaningful way avoids the need for either struggling on in a sleep crisis or leaving babies to cry.
Being able to apply sleep biology principles can provide parents with easy tools they need to maintain breastfeeding while also getting more sleep.
In this presentation, we will explore some key concepts, and apply them to some practical real-life examples.
- Understand how sleep science can optimize infant sleep without any behavioural techniques
- Appreciate the importance of supporting families with complex sleep problems
- Explore some sleep scenarios
- Explain practical support options for optimizing sleep in breastfeeding families”
Find out more about Lyndsey from https://feedsleepbond.com/
We will have our usual fabulous cake stall alongside refreshments. Please bring a reusable mug if you can.
Babies are welcome. Please bring whatever you need. There is a small amount of space for buggy storage.
For tickets click here
Uckington & Elmstone Hardwicke Village Hall is:
- 5 minutes from the Kingsditch side of Cheltenham
- 2 minutes from J10 of the M5
- 11 minutes from J11 via B4063, avoids going through town
Parking is available on site and you can find out more about the venue here.